-Caramel ( I used 2 packages of Kraft caramel bits, found in baking aisle)
-popsicle sticks/lollipop sticks ( All I had were these paper straws, they are pretty sturdy but there were a few that did bend. So I would definitely recommend a stronger stick)
-Toppings such as sprinkles, chopped nuts,chopped chocolate candy bars,drizzled chocolate, etc..
1 .Line a baking pan or plate with parchment paper, I sprayed the top of my parchment paper with a layer of cooking oil spray to reduce sticking.
2. Wash apples and dry, then insert sticks.
3. Melt your caramel pieces in a saucepan. Tonight I used these unwrapped, ready to melt caramel bits by Kraft. The directions on the bag called for an added tablespoon of water. Stir until all is melted down into a smooth sauce.
4. Holding onto the stick, begin to dip the apple into the melted caramel. Give it a little twirl to ensure all areas are covered. You can also use a spoon to pour around any areas you may have missed.
5. Allow the excess caramel to drip off, then place onto your parchment-lined baking pan.This is a good time to add your toppings. I chopped up a snickers and twix candy bar to add ontop of mine, as well as some colorful sprinkles.
6. Once you have dipped all apples and added any extra toppings, you can now place the pan into the refrigerator for at least an hour until the caramel coating hardens. I can’t wait to taste these!